Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Introduction

Good afternoon! For those of you stumbling upon this, or reading this for an assignment, allow me to give you a few brief notes as to who I am, what I am doing here, and why I am doing this while trying to remain serious to some extent.

Let's start from the beginning. My name is Anthony, and I am an aspiring librarian taking courses at the University of Pittsburgh. In fact, one of those courses is the reason why this blog is even in existence. I am a graduate of Lock Haven University with a Bachelor's Degree in English: Writing, and I am currently employed at the library of Penn State University's Berks Campus.

As for what I am doing here: as previously mentioned, this blog exists as as per an assignment for LIS2600. The posts to follow shall be my notes and thoughts on the weekly readings for the course. These posts will be rather informal, as they will be written as a cross between the kind of notes you'd write in the margins of a document (including questions) and a more "standard" method of writing coherent ideas.

The why is related to the above; I am creating this blog to keep track of my thoughts and questions relating to these articles, and I do hope that some of the random questions do create conversations.

If you are a part of the LIS2600 course, please feel free to comment as you see fit and spark up conversations and even debates! If you've stumbled upon this through some other means, enjoy the stay and feel free to offer your own insights as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment