Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 7 Muddiest Points

I haven't run into anything that completely boggled my mind yet from the last class or the readings this week. If anything, this week's readings don't lead to any confusion (thanks to the writing styles involved), and the discussion on campus this week didn't leave me with anything to ask.

I do have an open question for the class: does anyone know much about ILSs, or other providers and their respective services? Sirsi was referenced in the article, and I utilize one of their systems in the workplace, but I cannot help but wonder what else is out there and readily available, especially if Open Source options are coming into play.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say that I know too much about ILSs, but I do have a lot of experience with them. I use Voyager at my current library. One of the services we utilize was created by Sirsi, so I have a bit of experience with them as well. Probably the most user friendly and "pretty" ILS was the Millennium ILS that I used while working at a local public library. Millennium just seemed a lot more intuitive than the cumbersome Voyager.

    I never heard of an open ILS until we learned about Koha, so I too am interested in where that will lead the library world.

    ReplyDelete